Saturday, January 21, 2006

Eating Healthy - Not As Hard As You Think

Plan, plan, plan. You have to follow a plan. That is how I lost 6 lbs in 10 days. No this was not a crazy crash diet or a magic pill. I was handed a plan. My plan happened to be the Turbo Jam 10 day kick start. Whatever your plan, make sure it is safe and makes sense.

There is NO MAGIC PILL. If you can't see yourself sticking to the plan, with calorie/food adjustments to meet your specific nutritional needs, for the rest of your life, IT WON'T WORK! Do these sound familiar: vinegar or lemon flush, grapefruit diet, protein/no carb diets, etc. When you diet do you tend to skip meals, reduce daily calories under 1200 a day? Is reasonable exercise a part of your diet plan?

It is truly simple. Do you plan your week? Well, start. This is a success tip from 7 Habits for Highly Effective People, by Stephen R. Covey. Take time before the beginning of your week to plan the rest. This goes for your meals too!

Here is what works for me. I purchased several disposable, small containers. I plan what I am going to eat throughout the next week. Then we cook, prepare, pack. I'm lucky, I can see the TV from my kitchen. It takes me about 2 hours to cook and prepare my meals and then about another hour to pack it all. Since the containers are disposable, I also put my initials on them so any hungry family members that think they can steal a quick bite know; these containers are off limits. Don't make me open up a can of whoops.... Got that from my Chinese mother in law.

What do I end up with.... The majority of my meals, ready to go. I don't need to wonder what to eat. I'm ready to attack the week, keep my energy up, and stay healthy.

Keep coming back for more healthy lifestyle tips.

No comments: