Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Kinesio tape or kinesiology tape is said to stretch up to 140% it's original length. It mimics the feel and thickness of skin. Using different stretch percentages and angles, it is said to help support the muscles and joints. Some argue that there is little benefit to taping, but many athletes and rehab patients like myself may beg to differ. I was very surprised at the instant results I felt and I was very skeptical.
I've used 2 types of tapes so far: KT Tape and Kinesio Gold. So far my preference was the Kinesio Gold which I got from Amazon. It held better throughout my workouts, whereas the KT Tape began to come off after my workout. Both tapes were easily removed and did not hurt or leave a residue. I liked getting the colored tapes because that's the kind of person I am.
Link to the Amazon Kinesio Tape I liked. It comes in different colors and lengths.
All you have to do is dance and Zumba donates to help end world hunger. What could be easier? So, for those of you that might need a little assistance, here you go. First you need a smart phone.
1. Look for the Zumba Fitness application.
2. Find a class so you can set up your favorites and make it easier to check in each time.
3. Narrow your search to make it easier.
4. Choose the class.
5. Add the class to your Favorites for easy check in.
6. Repeat process till you add all your favorite classes to your Favorites list.
7. Now the app will automatically ask you if you want to check in each time you go to Zumba. Share your check ins on Twitter, Facebook and with your friends.
Now, go share the app, and Zumba your butt off... Literally. =]
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Note that all the DVD Sets come with Toning Sticks, so it's the best deal to buy the Toning Sticks as part of a DVD set. Get 10% off your Zumba DVDs & Toning sticks here: