Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Apple Avocado Jicama Salad (Kale?)

I'm not a cook and I'm lazy. So, this recipe changes almost every time I make it. I tastes light and refreshing. It's great on a hot day or after a vigorous workout. I got the original from the Beachbody Ultimate Reset. If you want more info about that, just email me coachlana@beachbodycoach.com

Ingredients:
Himalayan salt to taste (I don't use much)
2-4 Tbsp. organic agave nectar
1/4 cup organic lime juice
1½ tsp. extra virgin olive oil (I usually forget to add this)
1-4 avocados depending on size and how much you love them, ripe but firm, cut into chunks
Medium jicama root, peeled and sliced in thin matchsticks
1/4 cup chopped fresh organic cilantro leaves

Directions:
I usually add all ingredients in gallon Ziploc and shake it like crazy! Then stick it in the refrigerator. It's best if you can leave it overnight. It makes alot! A few days of lunches or a great side to take to a party.

Add variety by adding kale. I love cold kale salad with apples, so this is a natural mix. I would put 1/2 kale and 1/2 of the above salad.  YUM!





No comments: